[OSM-dev] [OSM-talk] JOSM WMS plugin, Y!, and firefox 3

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Tue May 20 10:16:02 BST 2008

In message <b11426350805191734p2c505656wadfa993c359af4c6 at mail.gmail.com>
        Francisco R. Santos <frsantos at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 1:21 AM, Tom Hughes <tom at compton.nu> wrote:
>
>> I guess the alternative is a java native interface that invokes Gecko
>> directly or something?
>
> I already tested that way, but heavyweight components (XULRunner) don't
> combine well with Swing components (JOSM). I have a very basic prototype
> using a swing browser component (the Cobra library) inside JOSM displaying
> an openlayers frame, but didn't have time to continue it. If anyone is
> interested to continue it, I can give the sources or commit it to SVN.

I wasn't really thinking of actually using Gecko to display the
images to the user (which I assume is what you mean about the
components not playing nice together) but rather just about
creating a browser object thingy and then exacting the images
from it (either from the DOM or by invoking the page dump
technology).

Those images would then be displayed as now.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)
http://www.compton.nu/