[OSM-dev] Temporary tables for the map query?

Joachim Zobel jzobel at heute-morgen.de
Mon May 26 20:52:45 BST 2008

Am Montag, den 26.05.2008, 15:10 +0100 schrieb Tom Hughes:
> > If you start using temporary tables you need to make shure that data
> > from temporary tables is not written to the database. INSERT, UPDATE
> and
> > DELETE statements using temporary tables are forbidden.
>
> No they're not. I know this because the potlatch API already does
> it...

I meant that if you do e.g. an

INSERT INTO .. SELECT .. FROM temp_table

you can not set up a reliable MySQL builtin replication any more. There
is nothing that stops you from doing that. There is also nothing that
stops you from setting up a replication. It may just loose data every
time the slave is restarted.

Sincerely,
Joachim