[OSM-dev] Internal server error on relation member without role

Till Harbaum / Lists lists at harbaum.org
Mon Nov 17 20:40:22 GMT 2008

Hi,

Am Montag 17 November 2008 schrieb Shaun McDonald:
> supplied in the xml, then it will fail. Supplying role="" is what you
> are required to do.
Maybe the server should return something else than "internal error" then?
Other incomplete requests end up with a 400 error. "Internal error" sounds
to me as if the server is having problems that are unrelated to my request.

> If you can supply more detailed examples of where you are having
> problems, it will be easier to help you debug the problem. It could
> just be a problem of the rails daemon dying with your request going
> with it. JOSM does have an automatic retry system.
There are no special examples. It just happens every now and then.
It happens much more likely if i upload via slow GPRS. A simple retry
usually works, sometimes a second retry is needed, but finally it always
works. It looks like it happens more often if the gaps between ids assigned
to new objects of mine are bigger which may mean that more parallel
uploads happen at those times.

Till