[OSM-dev] Internal server error on relation member without role

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Mon Nov 17 21:02:56 GMT 2008

Till Harbaum / Lists wrote:

> Am Montag 17 November 2008 schrieb Shaun McDonald:
>> supplied in the xml, then it will fail. Supplying role="" is what you
>> are required to do.
 >
> Maybe the server should return something else than "internal error" then?
> Other incomplete requests end up with a 400 error. "Internal error" sounds
> to me as if the server is having problems that are unrelated to my request.

It means exactly what it says - an unexpected internal error occurred.

Generally that means an exception was thrown, either because of some
occurrence that the API writers had not expected (or which should not be
able to happen) or because the server has run out of memory.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)
http://www.compton.nu/