[OSM-dev] Internal server error on relation member without role

Hugh Barnes list.osm at hughbris.com
Mon Nov 17 21:46:19 GMT 2008

On Tuesday 18 November 2008, 05:42:18, Shaun McDonald did write:
> Due to the way that the XML parsing is done, if no role attribute is
> supplied in the xml, then it will fail. Supplying role="" is what you
> are required to do.

Sorry - I'm just curious. Is this in OSM code or are you making a generic
statement? If the former, it's a bug (if we're having to work around it) or
it's just an unintuitive content model. If the latter, it doesn't ring true
for any parsing I've done elsewhere.

… or I may be completely missing the point of the context. Tell me to butt out
if you like.

Cheers