[OSM-dev] way 27483626 UTF-8 truncation

Brett Henderson brett at bretth.com
Mon Oct 6 00:49:20 BST 2008


On Sun, Oct 5, 2008 at 2:12 AM, Matt Amos <zerebubuth at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Oct 4, 2008 at 9:36 AM, Florian Lohoff <flo at rfc822.org> wrote:
> > To get the ROMA database in sync again i replaced the notes by
> > "broken-utf8" - As notes typically get not rendered thats not a problem
> > for me though. ROMA was down for a half a day before i discovered the
> > broken files and fixed them ...
>
> likewise. the easiest way to fix them was hand-editing the change
> files. i don't find it to be particularly onerous - just the price we
> pay for being on the bleeding edge ;-)


The corrupted data in the db has been fixed by TomH and I've re-generated
the changeset files.  Unfortunately it's too late for you guys now ...
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/dev/attachments/20081006/6f190032/attachment.html>


More information about the dev mailing list