[OSM-dev] GPX proximity filter

Patrick Kilian osm at petschge.de
Tue Oct 7 18:36:42 BST 2008

Hi all,

recently I created some large tracks, spanning thousands of points and
docents of kilometers. Checking the track for unmapped road segments is
tedious work, so I set out the write software to help me. Writing the
software took me two days which probably more than checking the tracks
would have taken. Obviously I don't wont my work to be in vane,
therefore I want to publish it (under GPL). You can have I look at
www.petschge.de/osm/filtergpx/ . I'll polish the code a bit and out up a
small page, but I wanted to here some feedback first.

To use the software you need the perl modules Geo::Gpx, Geo::Shape,
Geo::Point, Geo::Line as well as osmosis and a recent dump file which
covers the are of the track.

Edit the paths in filtergpx.sh and run it on the gpx file. After 5 to 60
minutes (depending on size of the gpx file) you will find a file
short-$nameofgpxfile in the current directory which contains only the
point which are further than 20 meters from any known object in the OSM
dump file.

Patrick "Petschge" Kilian