[OSM-dev] way 7062297, is this new?

Andy Allan gravitystorm at gmail.com
Thu Oct 9 07:06:39 BST 2008

On Thu, Oct 9, 2008 at 2:58 AM, Stefan de Konink <stefan at konink.de> wrote:

>> Allowed via the 0.5 API currently: Yes.
>> Supported by any of the editors: No (AFAIK)
>>
>> On a hunch, don't expect the 0.6 API to support duplicates.
>
> Then disable *ANY* edits with this borked editor: "Potlatch 0.10c" and
> revert back to a version that did not produce duplicates.
>
> I'm currently writing a Foundation member over this corruption, it
> breaks far too many things.

I'd suggest that you calm down a bit. This behaviour is fully
supported by the API, so your assumption that {wayid,key} can be made
a primary key is the problem. You might *want* it to be a primary key,
but it isn't. Until duplicate keys are prohibited by the API (as Grant
suggests, likely in 0.6), then your system will just need to cope.

And stop reflexively blaming Potlatch, it's not cool to do so.

Cheers,
Andy