[OSM-dev] way 7062297, is this new?

Andy Robinson (blackadder-lists) ajrlists at googlemail.com
Thu Oct 9 10:02:44 BST 2008

Points noted Hugh but in reality it's probably easy enough to find
alternative solutions to these tagging questions. Since duplicate keys in
the current data have essentially been legacy data or input errors of some
sort I suspect the number that exist right now is quite low. That's why I
say it's an easy decision to drop duplication support going forwards. I
think if folks made a compelling reason to keep it and had the patches for
the editors to enable widespread use then it would need to be looked at and
debated a bit more, after all it's the needs of the contributors of data
that should be driving the format of the database, not the other way around.

Cheers

Andy