[OSM-dev] Database Schema

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Thu Oct 9 14:10:20 BST 2008

Brett Henderson wrote:

> I currently have rubygems 1.2.0.  I see the latest is 1.3.0.  I don't
> know much about ruby.  So should I upgrade to 1.3.0?  I'd rather not
> install from source unless I have to ...

The version of rubygems you have is largely irrelevant - that is just
the ruby package manager.

> I installed rails 2.0.2 with:
>
> gem install -v=2.0.2 rails
> That includes activesupport, activerecord, actionpack, actionmailer and activeresource all at version 2.0.2.  It includes rake at version 0.8.3.
>
> rake db:migrate failed with a message like:
> no such file to load -- spec/rake/spectask
>
> I installed rspec with:
> gem install rspec
> That installed version rspec 1.1.8.
>
> rake db:migrate failed because it couldn't find RubyGem hoe.

Huh? I've never heard of a gem called "hoe" and we certainly don't need
it as far as I know. To be honest I didn't think you even needed rspec
now as I thought it had been dropped.

> rake aborted!
> no such file to load -- spec/translator
> /usr/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:27:in `gem_original_require'
> /usr/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:27:in `require'
> /home/brett/work/osm/svn.openstreetmap.org/sites/rails_port/vendor/plugins/rspec_on_rails/tasks/rspec.rake:7

Why have you got vendor/plugins/rspec_on_rails in your checkout? That
has been dropped and shouldn't be there anymore.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)
http://www.compton.nu/