[OSM-dev] osm2pgsql patch mode very slow.

Matt Amos zerebubuth at gmail.com
Fri Oct 10 14:04:52 BST 2008

On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 1:20 PM, Steve Hill <steve at nexusuk.org> wrote:
> On Fri, 10 Oct 2008, Matt Amos wrote:
>> what does iostat say? (more importantly, what does `iostat 30` say if
>> you leave it 5 mins?)
>
> http://www.nexusuk.org/~steve/stat.txt

hmm... during hourly updates, my blocks written per second is about
3-5k, block reads are about 1.5-2k.

> It is running under Xen...  I wonder how badly that makes the disk
> performance suck...

looks like something is making your disk write performance suck... if
this is a hosted VM then you might be getting contention from other
users on the same host machine. i had that with bytemark, but they
were cool about it and moved my VM to a different host with less disk
activity. no problems since then.

cheers,

matt