[OSM-dev] 0.6 API hack-a-thon Date

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Thu Oct 16 11:37:01 BST 2008

Andy Allan wrote:

> Actually, we won't. We still desperately need more unit and functional
> tests for the code base - I've been writing unit tests for utf-8
> handling, and finding truncation errors in parts of the code. I also
> need to write tests so that invalid utf-8 byte sequences are handled
> properly. There's not much point in *not* getting things like these
> sorted.

On the subject of UTF8 I noticed that you made a commit on the api06
branch yesterday that will break when used against the live database.

Or are we are planning to do a complete reload of the database to fix
the UTF encoding mess during the 0.6 transition?

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)
http://www.compton.nu/