[OSM-dev] VM image [networking question]

Rogier Wolff R.E.Wolff at BitWizard.nl
Thu Oct 16 12:27:38 BST 2008

On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 12:10:58AM +0200, Stefan de Konink wrote:
> I have now a working image; what is the way to get a *working* bridge
> between the VM and Hostsystem.
>
> It is a bit stupid that I actually have a working api, but only can
> access it from inside the host.

Hi,

I tried following the tips in the usermanual. Somehow I messed up. So
they say that it's easiest to just use bridging, I found it easier to
use routing. So on my default gateway I added

	route add -net <network-with-virutal-ips> \
		netmask <netmask> gw <host-with-vritualbox>

then enable ip forwarding,

and do

	route add -host <virtual-ip-address> vbox0

and you're all set.

This is the more advanced way of doing things, while bridging is
"easier to install", however I didn't get it to work.....

	Roger.

--
** R.E.Wolff at BitWizard.nl ** http://www.BitWizard.nl/ ** +31-15-2600998 **
**    Delftechpark 26 2628 XH  Delft, The Netherlands. KVK: 27239233    **