[OSM-dev] help with mod_tile

Ryan Case mrryancase at gmail.com
Sun Oct 19 05:01:04 BST 2008

Hi,

I'm setting up a tile server with mod_tile, and I'm having trouble
running the renderd daemon.

I have mapnik installed and can render maps with generate_image.py,
and I have the svn version of mod_title which I can make after
adjusting paths in render_config.h, but when I run "# ./renderd",
nothing seems to happen.

Is just running "# ./renderd" the correct way to run the deamon? And
if so, does the fact that nothing happens mean my mod_tile is not
installed properly? Or is there something else that might be going on?

I'm running Ubuntu 8.04

Any help would be appreciated.

Best,
Ryan