[OSM-dev] help with mod_tile

Ryan Case mrryancase at gmail.com
Sun Oct 19 19:00:44 BST 2008

Thanks Jon.

Seems to be closer to working now:

Running ./renderd shows:

Rendering daemon
registered datasource : shape
registered datasource : postgis
registered datasource : raster
ENCODING = utf8

followed by the mapnik rule output (from osm.xml it appears).

Hitting http://localhost/osm_tiles2/0/0/0.png in the browser shows:

Got incoming connection, fd 8, number 2
Render fd(8) z(0), x(0), y(0)
(more output on layer processing)
DONE TILE 0 0-0 0-0
Produced .meta: /var/www/direct/0/0/0/0/0/0.meta

but I get a 404 error in the browser.

The .meta file is indeed in /var/www/direct/0/0/0/0/0/.

Any ideas on why the PNG isn't showing up in the browser?

Thanks for your help,
Ryan