[OSM-dev] What country is something in?

Marcus Wolschon Marcus at wolschon.biz
Thu Oct 30 08:03:16 GMT 2008

Great work!

I haven't tried it yet but had a brief look.
Is it possible to have the name of the country in the filename of
the ".border"-file? (I don't care what translation of the name, the
first one found will do.)

I have little time at the moment (end of month again) to write it
myself but I guess it would be trivial to add an option to output
the border as a way in OSM-XML -format instead? I guess
osmosis-polygons are the most important for cutting maps
but with an osm-polygon I could add it to my routing-software
in no time and make use of it for maxspeed and driving on the
left or the right side of the road (think "turnabout ahead, second
exit").

Marcus