[OSM-dev] OpenStreeetMap and X-Plane for collecting GIS data

Rogier Wolff R.E.Wolff at BitWizard.nl
Thu Oct 30 16:31:15 GMT 2008

On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 04:21:12PM +0000, Tom Hughes wrote:
> >Or if you tag it:
> >
> >	render-hint=tower-23
> >
> >then maybe some map renderers will honor that too, and support
> >different icons for different types of towers....
>
> Well that's tagging for the renderer writ large, and we "don't do
> that", do we ;-)
>
> >See, there is nothing application specific! Just a render-hint!
>
> Which are not generally considered good practice... You tag what an
> object is, not how you want it rendered.

Aarhg! Sorry. I meant to suggest:

	radio-beakon-tower-type=tower-23

:-)

	Roger.

--
** R.E.Wolff at BitWizard.nl ** http://www.BitWizard.nl/ ** +31-15-2600998 **
**    Delftechpark 26 2628 XH  Delft, The Netherlands. KVK: 27239233    **