[OSM-dev] Best way to validate user input

Raphael Studer studerap at gmail.com
Fri Oct 31 15:32:25 GMT 2008

> > - Somehow add visual feedback to the final map renders to validate user
> > data.  Since our data is appropriate to aeronautical maps this wouldn't
> > necessarily fit well with existing infrastructure.
>
> There are already "error-viewing" renders, such as cloudmade's NoName layer.

There is the maplint overlay in the osm.org map.

>> - Put validation features into the existing editors (JOSM), etc.  Is
>> there existing infrastructure for this?
>
> Yes. Have a look at the "validator" plugin for JOSM.

The validator plugin and the presets are the first to tool to have a look at.

There is also a new Tool from the Geofabrik guys, called OSM inspector:
http://tools.geofabrik.de/ maybe this one could be extended with a
x-plane checker :)

Regards
Raphael