[OSM-dev] [OSM-talk] Tiles for mobile devices

Erik Johansson erjohan at gmail.com
Fri Sep 26 13:58:49 BST 2008

On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 10:06 AM, Joseph Gentle <josephg at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I want to make a set of tiles for mobile devices. Its easier for a
> mobile device if you use 64x64 pixel tiles rather than 256x256. To do
> this, I need to edit generate_tiles.py.
>
> The file is pretty poorly documented. Does anyone have any tips on
> where to start? Do I need to change the projection stuff up top?

Here you have my version of generate_tiles.py using a tile size of 64,
I'm not promising anything. It might not render correctly.

You do know that you will earn the most by creating a custom mapnik
stylesheet using less colours. Colour managing would of course be best
handled by mapnik automatically but it's not, so it's hand editing for
us mortals.. :-)

--
/emj