[OSM-dev] Paid services from OSM

Julison julisonbr at gmail.com
Fri Sep 26 15:45:21 BST 2008

Hi all,
I'm not sure it this list is the correct place to post that question, but
there it goes:

I'm developing a traffic info service as a layer into OpenStreetMap,
primarily for Sao Paulo, Brazil.. I'm in a very beginning in that project.

That project will have a public (and free) service where everyone can access
website and see traffic info and a premium (and paid) service where users
can get more information (in-depth info, more alternatives routes, etc).

My question is: Can I legally charge a service that it will run over a
OpenSource (and free) service, if I provide extras info that doesn't exist
in OpenStreetMaps?

Thanks.

--
Julison Mendonça.