[OSM-dev] [GSoC] A GPX photo stamper.

Stefan de Konink stefan at konink.de
Wed Apr 1 15:26:52 BST 2009

On Wed, 1 Apr 2009, Tijs Zwinkels wrote:

> - Any opinions about / ideas for my proposal?
>
> - Anybody who would be interested in mentoring this project? Pretty please?
> - Let me know, and I'll arrange things with the right people.

Could you tell us what the difference is with probably any application is
that you type in google 'gps tagger', maybe it is the term webbased, but
doesn't that assume we host those photos too?

Lets say I do see applications that are up to matching of photos and GPS.
For example, on talk-nl/#osm-nl we have already created a WMS that can
show you photos on a certain scale depending the zoom depth. And you can
use it then in JOSM for example as base layer.

I personally see much more interesting things coming from integrating
Flickr into OSM than creating yet-another-gps-tagger. And if you say you
are doing an AI major; I would suggest to help around with
OpenStreetPhoto, especially the matching part
(keywords: SIFT/Histogram/Bundler) ;)

Stefan