[OSM-dev] JOSM and API 0.6

Shaun McDonald shaun at shaunmcdonald.me.uk
Wed Apr 1 19:10:37 BST 2009

On 1 Apr 2009, at 18:53, Andy Allan wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 9:24 AM, Frederik Ramm <frederik at remote.org>
> wrote:
>> marcus.wolschon at googlemail.com wrote:
>>> By default the config-setting "osm-server.additional-versions" is
>>> not
>>> set at all, thus it only accepts "0.5".
>>> You have to manually set "osm-server.additional-versions" to "0.6"
>>> to accept both. That is only possible with a text-editor or
>>> in advanced-settings (the Einstein-Icon).
>>
>> Yes, but if you want to allow uploads to a 0.6 server then you have
>> set osm-server.version=0.6.
>
> So if someone downloads and starts using JOSM today, will it
> automatically switch over next month when the API changes, or will
> users need to fiddle their config?

No.

They currently need to fiddle with the config. I believe that on the
first day of the API being down JOSM will be updated to by default use
0.6, at which point no more fiddling will be needed. I believe that
Merkaartor is the same, though the fiddling is a lot simpler.

I'm happy to be corrected if I'm wrong.

Shaun