[OSM-dev] ANNOUNCE: OpenStreetMap maps will be added to Wikimedia projects

Erik Johansson emj at kth.se
Sun Apr 5 10:14:25 BST 2009

On Sat, Apr 4, 2009 at 8:21 PM, Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason
<avarab at gmail.com> wrote:
> * Wikimedia will set up a database to mirror the OSM data (Planet.osm)

I wonder if Wikipedia will ever need to fork the db in some way.
Wikipedia will often need something else than a streetmap.

Has anyone done work on getting Google maps "my maps" like features on
OSM? I'm guessing this is something that will be interesting for
Wikipedia, visualizing routes, POI and custom labels. This is database
forking lite.. :-)

/emj