[OSM-dev] JOSM: Several tags with same key

Pierre-André Jacquod pjacquod at alumni.ethz.ch
Sun Apr 5 19:46:07 BST 2009

Matt Amos wrote:
> 2009/4/5 Pierre-André Jacquod <pjacquod at alumni.ethz.ch>:
>> among theses 431 different values, there are 25 values with ; in them,
>> all value (like fuel;fast_food or fuel;toilets ) being composed of
>> values already used normally alone as amenity.
>>
>> This is at least 6% of key/value paar showing that the mapper thing the
>> value belong to the same node... Actually this is more, since within the
>> 431 entries, I saw quite a lot of entries due to misspelling. Without
>> knowing all artificial double node (like I did) in order to map as it is
>> "taught"..
>
> this is very interesting. however, counting the number of objects
> rather than the number of distinct keys you find there are 35 objects
> with ";" in the amenity value and 50,504 without. thats 0.07%, far
> more rare :-)

you are right ,the full list is below,... but the fact that it is a bad
practice  (it is rendered on mapnik ?) will not make it often used...

Into the second table, you get an extract of the most used other keys
with  the key amenity (independently of its value). You have then ATM =
yes... that represents 1.4% this time:-] Not so much a big deal, you
would say...

Except I never have used this scheme, it offends the programmer I am to
put a "value" on the "key" side. So I often put several nodes, despite
the fact I would have logically preferred to write the whole on the same
node. I just do not know how often it is the case for others. I just
think more and more if you may buildings with ways.. I find also awful
to put a node within a building to indicate that there is there an ATM
and a post_box, and so one...

I have to find a way to put the whole stuff in a readable way....
best regards

  key   |              value               | numnode | numway |
--------+----------------------------------+---------+--------+--
amenity | Verovirasto; Ympäristökeskus     |       1 |      0 |
amenity | atm;post_office;post_box         |       1 |      0
amenity | cafe;fast_food                   |       1 |      0
amenity | cafe;pub                         |       1 |      0
amenity | car_parts;car_repairing          |       5 |      0
amenity | fast_food;restaurant             |       1 |      0
amenity | fitness trail; vitaparcour       |       1 |      0
amenity | fuel;cafe;fast_food              |       1 |      0
amenity | fuel;fast_food                   |       1 |      0
amenity | fuel;fastfood                    |       1 |      0
amenity | fuel;toilets                     |       1 |      0
amenity | library; public_building         |       0 |      1
amenity | nightclub;pub                    |       2 |      0
amenity | parking;fuel                     |       4 |      0
amenity | post_office;post_box;atm         |       1 |      0
amenity | pub; restaurant                  |       1 |      0
amenity | restaurant; pub                  |       0 |      1
amenity | restaurant;bar                   |       1 |      0
amenity | restaurant;hotel;nightclub       |       1 |      0
amenity | restaurant;nightclub             |       1 |      0
amenity | restaurant;pub                   |       2 |      0
amenity | school;library                   |       0 |      1
amenity | shop;car_parts                   |       2 |      0
amenity | toilets;                         |       1 |      0
amenity | toilets;telephone;drinking_water |       1 |      0

                   key2                    | numnode | numway
-------------------------------------------+---------+--------
 created_by                                |   21763 |   6512
 name                                      |   23518 |   2843
 addr:postcode                             |    4456 |    418
 addr:city                                 |    4405 |    117
 addr:housenumber                          |    3568 |    195
 addr:street                               |    3184 |    184
 religion                                  |    2666 |    319
 addr:country                              |    2894 |     58
 source                                    |    2037 |    695
 operator                                  |    2140 |     50
 note                                      |    1848 |    282
 denomination                              |    1761 |    228
 ref                                       |    1966 |     13
 cuisine                                   |     842 |     20
 atm                                       |     647 |      5
 fee                                       |     255 |    273
 shop                                      |     111 |     10