[OSM-dev] [bug] direction of GPS traces

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Tue Apr 14 13:53:58 BST 2009

Johnny Rose Carlsen wrote:

> Does that mean that my non-public traces are still available to
> others?, I thought that they would only be shown to me.

Only you can see and download the raw traces.

Everybody can download GPS points for an area, which will include your
points, but when they do so they (a) have no idea which user uploaded
those points and (b) don't get any timestamp information for the points
at all. In addition your points will be mixed up with those of anybody
else that has uploaded traces in that area (whether public or not).

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)
http://www.compton.nu/