[OSM-dev] Bittorrent mirroring 04-08

Robert Joop 5313501608656osm at rainbow.in-berlin.de
Wed Apr 15 01:08:40 BST 2009

On 09-04-10 23:15:32 CEST, Stefan de Konink wrote:
> If someone wants to help seeding:
>
> http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/4838395
>
> - Download the torrent into the directory where you downloaded
>    the planet
>
> - Start rtorrent on the file
>
> - Hash is checked, you start seeding :)

how about simply starting rtorrent on the file, without downloading the
planet via any other method first?
(i did this for the first two torrents, btw.)

some brief stats from my view:

the first planet, -04-01, downloaded pretty quickly.
in total, i've uploaded some 15 GB for this file so far, and there's
still somebody leeching it from me, at a rate of some 10 KB/s.

the second planet, -04-08, started to download very slowly, but after
about a day i got some fast seed.
up till now, i've uploaded some 7 GB, with one current peer leeching at
a rate of up to 115 KB/s.

rtorrent reports 4 seeds and 1 leech for each torrent.

rj