[OSM-dev] Bittorrent mirroring 04-08

Stefan de Konink stefan at konink.de
Wed Apr 15 01:15:57 BST 2009

Robert Joop wrote:
> On 09-04-10 23:15:32 CEST, Stefan de Konink wrote:
>> If someone wants to help seeding:
>>
>> http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/4838395
>>
>> - Download the torrent into the directory where you downloaded
>>    the planet
>>
>> - Start rtorrent on the file
>>
>> - Hash is checked, you start seeding :)
>
> how about simply starting rtorrent on the file, without downloading the
> planet via any other method first?
> (i did this for the first two torrents, btw.)

That would be great, but in that way it would be best if it was started
from the UK and have all mirrors join in :) In that way we get efficient
mirroring, maybe even outperforming HTTP (in an ideal scenario).

> the second planet, -04-08, started to download very slowly, but after
> about a day i got some fast seed.
> up till now, i've uploaded some 7 GB, with one current peer leeching at
> a rate of up to 115 KB/s.
>
> rtorrent reports 4 seeds and 1 leech for each torrent.

Currently I see 19GB was transferred from Oxilion. And we are uploading
now with 46.8KB/s

Stefan