[OSM-dev] implemented API for J2SE and J2ME

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Mon Apr 20 23:14:31 BST 2009

Hi,

Grant Slater wrote:
> Namefinder development seems to have taken a break for awhile...
> Devs: Got mad coding skillz? Namefinder is ripe for improvement or
> replacement.
>
> There has been talk of holding a virtual or physical meet to discuss...

There were, I think, a number of people who made announcements of one
kind or another ("almost completed implementation of new namefinder"
etc) on talk-de, but nothing final has ever come out, I'll inquire about
the status and report.

There was also a recent GSoc proposal by someone I think, someone who
also wanted to do localised search based on current viewport etc.?

Agreed that *good* geocoding is very important, and somewhat of a weak
spot in OSM at the moment...

Bye
Frederik