[OSM-dev] contribution and usage of maps

Simone Cortesi simone at cortesi.com
Tue Apr 21 08:25:40 BST 2009

On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 8:49 AM, Mohamad Ali
<Mohamad.ali at intellitrac.com.au> wrote:

> I would like to ask some questions,
>
> 1.       How can we contribute to update your maps in Australia?

there are serveral ways: upload to our server your GPX files
<http://www.openstreetmap.org/traces>, retrace those gpx using our
"coding standards" <http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Map_Features>

> 2.       How can we use openstreetmap data and maps on our server?

you can deploy your own version of our system (it's GPL):
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Creating_your_own_tiles

> 3.       For how long can we use those maps will stay for free?

map data will always be free for commercial use.

> I think we can contribute a lot for what you are doing in Australia,

that would be nice... :)

--
-S