[OSM-dev] contribution and usage of maps

Gregory nomoregrapes at googlemail.com
Tue Apr 21 08:48:26 BST 2009

There are already some aussies contributing to OSM so reading through this
page will probably be of  interest to you:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Australia

When reading the blogs (via http://blogs.openstreetmap.org ) it often
confuses me because you have a lot of names the same as in the UK.

Have fun joining the project and it will be great to know your helping add
to the map.

Gregory.

2009/4/21 Simone Cortesi <simone at cortesi.com>

> On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 8:49 AM, Mohamad Ali
> <Mohamad.ali at intellitrac.com.au> wrote:
>
> > I would like to ask some questions,
> >
> > 1.       How can we contribute to update your maps in Australia?
>
> there are serveral ways: upload to our server your GPX files
> <http://www.openstreetmap.org/traces>, retrace those gpx using our
> "coding standards" <http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Map_Features>
>
> > 2.       How can we use openstreetmap data and maps on our server?
>
> you can deploy your own version of our system (it's GPL):
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Creating_your_own_tiles
>
> > 3.       For how long can we use those maps will stay for free?
>
> map data will always be free for commercial use.
>
> > I think we can contribute a lot for what you are doing in Australia,
>
> that would be nice... :)
>
> --
> -S

Gregory