[OSM-dev] implemented API for J2SE and J2ME (NameFinder Client API)

Marcus Wolschon Marcus at Wolschon.biz
Tue Apr 21 17:26:46 BST 2009

On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 3:06 PM, Michael Willigens <michael at willigens.de> wrote:
> should not be a problem to support this. abbrevate the objects before
> indexing:
> highways:  filter: ave, street, way, strasse, straße etc. same goes
> for cities and towns. LDAP supports wildcard queries for the rest and
> one could also do a simple for human beings:
> p=Earth,Street=Haslachstrasse
> "Haslachstrasse" would therefor give "Haslach*" before doing the
> query.

Thats what I'm doing in address-search and it works fine.
I'm also normalizing everything to non-capital letters and
a given number of special characters of the search-string
get replaced by %. (The first time I made the mistake of
transliterating ^[a-zA-Z0-9] to % and this broke the search
for russian names.)

Marcus