[OSM-dev] Minute Diffs and 0.6 Breakages
brett at bretth.com
Wed Apr 22 06:50:16 BST 2009
I'm cross-posting to dev and talk. Please reply to dev only to avoid
unnecessary noise on the mailing lists.
The osmosis minute diffs were broken after 0.6 went live. I'm hoping
the problems have been fixed now and have re-generated all impacted
If you are consuming diffs please note the following:
* All diffs are now in 0.6 format.
* Minute diffs from 200904210807-200904210808.osc.gz should be
re-applied in order to ensure incorrect data is overwritten.
* Hourly and daily diffs are now also being produced in 0.6 format, and
don't require any re-application.
If you're interested in gory details, this was caused by two bugs in
1. An incorrect query ORDER BY clause. This prevented tags from being
matched to their owning node/way/relations.
2. Incorrect entity version selection. If an entity was modified twice
in a time interval, the first one was being selected rather than the last.
If you notice any issues with the current diffs please reply with
details of the problem. Please provide an example entity id, entity
type, and entity version when describing any issues.
More information about the dev