[OSM-dev] SVN and individual tag/branch trees

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Fri Apr 24 00:45:40 BST 2009

Hi,

    I normally keep the whole SVN tree checked out on all computers I
use regularly. But with projects gradually introducing their own
branches/trunk/tag structure, this means that I am amassing a lot of
stuff. For example, the Osmosis trunk has roughly 1600 files, but
if you simply check out the whole SVN then you have 8100 Osmosis files
due to various tags and branches; same, to a lesser degree, elsewhere.

Is there a way I can tell SVN to "check out everything *except* tags and
branches"? Ideally in a way that SVN remembers, so that when I
absent-mindedly type "svn update" I'll not get the whole bunch again?

Bye
Frederik