[OSM-dev] Quality tools and 'lost edits' during mapping parties?

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Sun Apr 26 09:09:04 BST 2009

Hi,

Stefan Keller wrote:
> 2. Any recommendations to avoid "lost edits" when several people edit
> areas simultaneously which are each close nearby?

With API 0,6 the edits will not be lost; the uploading editor will
receive an error message when trying to overwrite someone else's edit
with something based on an older version. I don't know how Potlatch
deals with this, but in JOSM you should, at least in theory, be able to
avoid any problems by downloading before uploading; worst case is you
get conflicts that you have to resolve manually.

Bye
Frederik