[OSM-dev] Cartagen - client-side vector based map renderer, dynamic maps

Mario Ferraro fadinlight at gmail.com
Sun Apr 26 16:10:23 BST 2009

Here I am :)

Going to write Jeffrey to join our efforts if possible :)

Recently I've tried to retrieve data from an sqlite DB in Mozilla
Firefox (which is slow, but perhaps not too much considering it doesn't
need to be the fastest renderer in the world but something that doesn't
need any installation client-side, just a Firefox extension). I've found
some benchmarks good and some bad (Osmarender is quite demanding about
number of queries), but it worth further analysis to me.

Cheers,

Mario Ferraro