[OSM-dev] Java Heap Space

Brett Henderson brett at bretth.com
Mon Apr 27 08:20:36 BST 2009

Mohamad Ali wrote:

> Hi Ciprian,
>
> Where do I change it?
>
> Sorry I am a newbie to Linux environment..

Mohamad, based on your previous error I assume you're using the
--bounding-box task.  It's important that you provide the entire command
line, not just the start of it because the information is important.

Anyway, you may want to check out
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Osmosis/DetailedUsage#--bounding-box_.28--bb.29
Specifically, try setting the idTrackerType option to the --bounding-box
task.  For example:
--bounding-box left=x right=x top=x bottom=x idTrackerType=BitSet

The BitSet implementation is much more efficient when extracting large
bounding box areas but less efficient for smaller areas.  The default is
IdList.

Brett