[OSM-dev] Can SQLite3 handle OSM 150G data file?

Kelly Jones kelly.terry.jones at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 00:16:57 BST 2009

I've seen many posts saying that SQLite2 can't handle OpenStreetMap's
large planet.osm data file:

http://planet.openstreetmap.org/planet-090421.osm.bz2

which is 5.4G bzip2 compressed, about 150G uncompressed.

Can SQLite3 handle this? Has anyone tried?

I tried to do this myself, but I'm on a slow machine and it's taking
too long (several days so far). If someone's done this, can I get a copy?