[OSM-dev] Problems with rendering tiles with mapnik

Dirk-Lüder Kreie osm-list at deelkar.net
Tue Apr 28 13:45:38 BST 2009

Mohamad Ali schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to follow step by step this tutorial:  <http://www.weait.com/content/make-your-first-map> www.weait.com/content/make-your-first-map
>

> But when I try this command I get this error
>
> user at PC1:~/mapnik$ source set-mapnik-env
> bash: #!/bin/sh: No such file or directory,

Your Linux(?) Distro seems to be missing the shell. On most distros this
is just a symlink to /bin/bash.
You have 3 options at this point.

a) Install sh
b) symlink /bin/bash to /bin/sh (quite safe, because bash can do
everything sh can, and will even behave more like sh when called as /bin/sh)
c) edit all the shellscripts in mapnik to use #!/bin/bash in the first
line instead of #!/bin/sh

--

Dirk-Lüder "Deelkar" Kreie
Bremen - 53.0952°N 8.8652°E