[OSM-dev] Cloudmade routing for OSM rails_port site.

Eddy Petrișor eddy.petrisor at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 14:15:47 BST 2009

On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 4:11 PM, Eddy Petrișor <eddy.petrisor at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 11:04 AM, Марат Хасанов <angedonia at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi all!
>>
>> Let me introduce Routing for OSM!
>>
>> My name is Marat Khasanov and I’m working for CloudMade as Front-End
>> developer. Few days ago I’ve already finished routing tool for OSM project.
>> With this tool you can aOSdd your own routes between points on the map or
>> search for shortest or fastest way by car, bicycle or walking. Current
>> version is based on CM Routing API and interacts with the server over
>> cross-domain JSON requests(similarly to data and search window).
>>
>> You can find possibility to try it here:
>> http://mkhasanov.sandbox.cloudmade.com/directions (only view and routing
>> tabs works)
>
> The current algorithm doesn't take into account that roads with
> access=private or which have barriers on them with access private
> should be passed through, by default:

I meant "shouldn't be passed through". An exception should be made if
one of the ends is within the private area. So in other words, the
cost of going through an access=private node or way should be way
higher than a regular road so that the passing should occur only if
absolutely necessary (e.g. must leave a private area or must reach a
private area).

--
Regards,
EddyP