[OSM-dev] What is OSM and what isn't?

Chris-Hein Lunkhusen chris66nrw at gmx.de
Thu Apr 30 10:28:44 BST 2009

Hi Jochen,

> And I try to explain people that OSM is providing
> the data and the maps and that its not the goal of OSM to provide every
> conceivable map or mapping web site or service.

When I discovered OSM and I found no Routing capabilities
on osm.org, I thought: Oh what bad they have no routing.

I was very surprised when I discovered openrouteservice
some weeks later... ;-)

So I think at least some kind of Link to a routing app
would be usefull on the start page, so that beginners
can see the full potential behind OSM....

Chris