[OSM-dev] Keepright layer conflicts

Dirk-Lüder Kreie osm-list at deelkar.net
Wed Aug 5 14:21:09 BST 2009

Hi,

Am I the only one with a problem how keepright handles layer conflicts?
In my view ways connecting at a single node are connected, even if they
run on different layers. That is the only way how to connect layers at
all, so the check should at most hint about a possible error when ways
of completely differend kinds (e.g. highway and waterway) join with
different layers and the shared node is a middle node for both ways.
especially if the node is an end (or starting) node for any of the
joining ways this should not be considered an error (for that way) in
any case. (where three ways meet and only one uses the node as an end
node this actually might be an accidental connection made by the editor
software).

So please leave the check out as it now reports abundantly many false
positive and only few legitimate results.

--

Dirk-Lüder "Deelkar" Kreie
Bremen - 53.0901°N 8.7868°E