[OSM-dev] A better way to watch nodes and ways?

Ian Dees ian.dees at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 19:06:15 BST 2009

On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 1:01 PM, John McKerrell <john at mckerrell.net> wrote:

> Perhaps if you entered your
> username it could report all the elements that change away from your
> username?

I seem to remember having a discussion ages ago about uses for a realtime
feed from the database. This might be one of them...

We don't care (too much) if we miss some of the stream, but when it's
working we could send out notifications to those that are interested in
certain nodes. Also, since it's an XML stream we could use XSLT to quickly
match any changes that people are looking for.