[OSM-dev] Delete a node

Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason avarab at gmail.com
Sun Dec 13 19:16:33 GMT 2009

On Sun, Dec 13, 2009 at 17:54, hy-soft <hy-soft at sha-mash.de> wrote:
> the wiki says:
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/API_v0.6
>
> Delete: DELETE /api/0.6/[node|way|relation]/#id
>
> Expects a valid XML representation of the element to be deleted.
> ---
> What exactly does the term 'valid XML representation of the element'
> mean?
>
> Is it the same what I would get when downloading the item?

The API docs suck, so for questions like this it's probably going to
take you a lot less time to:

 1. Run JOSM (or some other mature offline editor that uses the API)
 2. Run a network sniffer
 3. Try this in JOSM, see what it sends over the wire
 4. Do the same in your application (and preferably update the docs).