[OSM-dev] Delete a node

Ian Dees ian.dees at gmail.com
Sun Dec 13 19:23:15 GMT 2009

On Sun, Dec 13, 2009 at 1:16 PM, Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason
<avarab at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Sun, Dec 13, 2009 at 17:54, hy-soft <hy-soft at sha-mash.de> wrote:
> > the wiki says:
> > http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/API_v0.6
> >
> > Delete: DELETE /api/0.6/[node|way|relation]/#id
> >
> > Expects a valid XML representation of the element to be deleted.
> > ---
> > What exactly does the term 'valid XML representation of the element'
> > mean?
> >
> > Is it the same what I would get when downloading the item?
>
> The API docs suck,
>
> I beg to differ. The API 0.6 docs are quite good.

The docs tell you exactly what you need: a "valid XML representation of the
element to be deleted" is exactly that. If you want to delete node id 54321
with tags foo=bar and bar=baz, then you send:

DELETE /api/0.6/node/54321

with content:

<osm>
<node id="54321">