[OSM-dev] Timestamps

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Wed Dec 16 21:44:38 GMT 2009

On 16/12/09 21:34, hy-soft wrote:
> Tom Hughes wrote:
>
>> That's certainly never been the case because no editor has ever provided
>> the ability to set a date for an object in that way. The most they could
>> ever have done is to set the date it was entered into the editor.
>>
>> But, like I say, I don't believe the API has ever allowed them to even
>> do that.
>
> When I do an upload of a node via the api, every other tag looks fine,
> but the datetime is set to  the time of upload.

Which is exactly what I said, and exactly what it has always done. That
is what I said earlier and nothing has changed since then,

My point was that even if we allowed a timestamp to be uploaded the
editor would have no way of knowing what date the feature has been
surveyed (which seems to be what you wanted) so the best it could do was
supply the date the user entered the object into the editor, which would
generally be much the same as the server date anyway.

But it's all irrelevant anyway as I don't believe the server has ever
allowed clients to specify the date.

There really isn't anything more to say.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)
http://www.compton.nu/