[OSM-dev] Timestamps

hy-soft hy-soft at sha-mash.de
Wed Dec 16 22:13:59 GMT 2009

Tom Hughes wrote:
> On 16/12/09 21:34, hy-soft wrote:
>> Tom Hughes wrote:
>> When I do an upload of a node via the api, every other tag looks fine,
>> but the datetime is set to  the time of upload.
>
> Which is exactly what I said, and exactly what it has always done. That
> is what I said earlier and nothing has changed since then,

Ok, now I've got it.
Sorry to have bothered you and thanks for answering.
I misinterpreted/overinterpreted that matter, because I found it somehow
essential, that people deliver the timestamp of their visit.

GPS-tracks usually have a timestamp. So, I thought, when importing data,
this timestamp is preserved. Every Editor should preserve it and not
touch it (unless $user chooses to tamper with it).