[OSM-dev] Osm2pgsql - Planet.osm fail - "Unknown Element name : changeset"

Jon Burgess jburgess777 at googlemail.com
Thu Dec 17 20:58:42 GMT 2009

On Thu, 2009-12-17 at 10:56 +0100, "Marc Schütz" wrote:
> > > Hmm interesting, thank you for your response,
> > > any way I can get the most-up-to-date osm2pgsql?
> > > I been trying to search the internet to find it... No luck.
> > >
> > > The windows binary version would be great.
> > > Looking for the udpated osm2pgsql
> >
> > As per http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Osm2pgsql#Windows
> >
> > http://tile.openstreetmap.org/osm2pgsql.zip
>
> Changesets are only included in planet.osm since a few weeks, right? As the file linked in the wiki is from July, it will not help him.

The osm2pgsql code to ignore the changeset tag was put in a long time
ago:

r15131 | jonb | 2009-05-20 19:54:53 +0100 (Wed, 20 May 2009) | 1 line
Update osm2pgsql to ignore <changeset> elements

I did test a small osm file with some <changeset> tags to verify this
before I posted the link. Does it not work for you?

	Jon