[OSM-dev] Removing Minutely and Hourly Changesets

Brett Henderson brett at bretth.com
Mon Dec 21 04:03:20 GMT 2009

On Sun, Dec 20, 2009 at 10:44 AM, Brett Henderson <brett at bretth.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Dec 20, 2009 at 6:44 AM, Florian Lohoff <flo at rfc822.org> wrote:
>
>> Ich am still using the normal hourly diffs as of lately the replicated
>> diff stuff has not been documented and i didnt want to read java code
>> to find out ...
>>

> Okay, that's fair enough.  I'll update the wiki as soon as I can.  I can
> keep the old ones running for a while if necessary, I don't believe they're
> causing any major problems, I'm just keen to start cleaning things up to
> simplify maintenance.

The wiki has been updated now.  Or at least the --read-replication-interval
task has been.
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Osmosis/Detailed_Usage#--read-replication-interval_.28--rri.29

Note that you'll need to run the --read-replication-interval-init task first
to create a working directory, edit the config file if necessary, and
download an appropriate state.txt from the server (some basic instructions
are on the wiki).  Usage is fairly similar to the old --read-change-interval
task.

If you get stuck or find the doco lacking let me know.

Brett