[OSM-dev] Removing Minutely and Hourly Changesets

Brett Henderson brett at bretth.com
Mon Dec 21 04:05:38 GMT 2009

On Sat, Dec 19, 2009 at 3:06 PM, Brett Henderson <brett at bretth.com> wrote:

> Are there any objections to me disabling the old minute and hourly
> changesets and deleting their files from the planet server?
> http://planet.openstreetmap.org/minute/
> http://planet.openstreetmap.org/minute-slow/
> http://planet.openstreetmap.org/hourly/
>
> They are replaced by the (hopefully) reliable transaction based replication
> changesets.
> http://planet.openstreetmap.org/minute-replicate/
> http://planet.openstreetmap.org/hour-replicate/
>
> I haven't heard any complaints about the replication changesets so I'm
> assuming they're working well.
>
> I'll leave the daily changesets running for now because they are running
> with a much longer delay and shouldn't miss data.

I'm not aware of anybody still using the minute diffs.  I'll disable them
early in the new year.  I won't delete the files straight away so they can
be re-enabled if somebody suddenly screams.

I hope to disable the hour diffs around the same time but will wait until
Florian has moved off them first.

Brett