[OSM-dev] GPX pollution (spam?)

Ciprian Talaba cipriantalaba at gmail.com
Mon Dec 28 18:07:23 GMT 2009

Hi,

I don't know if I have chosen the right list (dev instead of talk) but here
is the problem: some Romanian users have discovered some sort of SPAM in
form of GPX tracks: somebody is uploading artificial tracks that contains
words, more likely names of different companies (see screenshot here:
http://yfrog.com/59gpxspamp).

I have a couple of questions:
1. Did anybody saw something similar until now?
2. Is there a way to find out who uploaded these tracks, even if I expect
they are marked as anonymous? Should we contact the Admins (TomH?) for this,
as is mentioned in the wiki for spam on diaries/wiki?

Thanks,
Ciprian